- This event has passed.
The Longest Swim
March 1, 2018 @ 10:00 am
The Longest Swim An Expedition Across the Pacific Ocean
See the Discoverer sail on Final Test Run before Departing for Tokyo!
Ben Lecomte is making an audacious 5,000 mile swim across the Pacific from Tokyo to San Francisco to highlight plastic pollution while generating ocean and human research data.
Pleas join Ben Lecomte and The Longest Swim Crew as they make their final test run preparations before setting sail on the Discoverer from AltaSea to Tokyo.
- Meet Ben Lecomte and the Crew
- Tour the Discoverer sailing vessel
- Learn about the Scientific Experiments
- Ask Ben about the swim’s biggest challenges
- Watch the Discoverer set sail on final test run
Attendance is free and open to the public. Please wear flat, closed-toe shoes.
Address: Berth 58: 2456 S. Signal St., San Pedro, 90731
Parking is available along the sides of Berths 57-60
Any questions to robin Aube firstname.lastname@example.org