- This event has passed.
The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival
July 24, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Welcome to the home of the world’s largest lobster festival, The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival, winner of four Guinness World Records. We feature fresh discount Maine lobster meals flown in fresh daily and cooked on the spot, and plenty of free entertainment. Lobster lovers can tour the USS IOWA or just marvel the grand drama of America’s largest port. After feasting on our world famous discount Maine lobster meals, lobster rolls, lobster mac & cheese, lobster quesadillas and more. Our guests enjoy dancing, street performers, tall ships berthed nearby, shopping for arts and crafts, and musical performances by some of today’s best up-and-coming acts.
We are easy to find at the end of the 110 Harbor Freeway in San Pedro, California at the Cruise Ship Terminal at the intersection of Swinford Street and Harbor Blvd. Only 20 minutes south of downtown Los Angeles. Free parking and shuttles at our remote lots! Convenient paid parking within walking distance of the festival entrance.
- 5 pm – Black Crystal Wolf Kids LA Weekly calls them “Like seeing all of Coachella in one band” and “The Best Cover Band in LA”. So save yourself a ton of money and join us for a truly fun early evening as the Black Crystal Wolf Kids put on a rocking good headline show to wrap up this year’s Lobster Festival.
- 4 pm – Andrew Wattt Blues infused, high energy, rock and roll from Andrew Watt, one of the leading edge young artists of the coming revolution in hard rock. Tighten your boot laces, strap on a neck brace, and pull your lobster hat down tight, Andrew Watt is going to blow you away.
- 3 pm – Shari Puorto Shari calls it her “My Obsession Tour” and the 2010 Los Angeles Music Award winner (Americana, blues roots) makes a stop today to join us for high energy show from her best selling album “Real”
- 2 pm – Oyster Kids When we do these reviews each year we really struggle to keep them short, interesting and accurate. The Oyster Kids make that easy. No one knows their names, where they are from or even one fact about their backgrounds. But we do know that their song “Creepy” has amassed over 159,000 plays on Soundcloud and has made it into an Urban Outfitters mixtape. And that’s a fact. So cancel the bigfoot expedition and come Sunday afternoon to see rock n roll’s equivalent live and on stage at the Lobster Festival.
- 1 pm – Magic Bronson If you Magic Bronson what kind of music they make and they’ll tell you, “We honestly don’t know.” And that’s the way they like it. Call their music what you will — synth, indie, alternative, or electronica — one thing is certain: their music is addictive. As our friends at BuzzbandsLA puts it, the duo’s music is as “stupefyingly uncategorizable as it is intoxicating.” The antennas on your lobster hat will improve reception.
- 12 pm – Clean Spill make laid-back guitar pop, loaded with indelible melodies and a surf music vibe that comes natural to these young men from Santa Barbara. (Frontman Pat Curren’s father is three-time surfing world champion Tom Curren.) Sunscreen is desirable.